понедельник, 12 ноября 2012 г.

Sweater printing DIY



DIY Zoe Karessen

The Zoe Karssen Creme De La Creme sweater has been popping up all over the world. Who wouldn’t want to wear a fashionable sweater that screams “I’m comfy!”?? I know I wouldn’t, so instead of paying the $157, I made my own! I scoured stores for the cheapest hoodless sweater I could find and came across $5 Hanes sweaters at Walmart in assorted colors! Such a steal. For this sweater, I used the Tulip shirt paint (about $3), but you can also use the Simply Spray shirt paint (I haven’t tried it out quite yet).

Things You’ll Need:
a hoodless sweater
shirt paint
a paint brush
alphabet stencils
a ruler
chalk pencil

Start out with a clean sweater of your choice. Lay it flat and use a ruler and chalk pencil to mark out where you are going to put the stencil. Then fill in you stencil with the chalk to make sure that the letters are exactly how you want them. Once you get the paint on it, it’s not coming off! Put the stencil over the letter, hold it down tight to the sweater, and paint away! Do not use too much paint with your first round since the paint may seep under the stencil. Once you have them all filled in go back over them to clean up the lines and give them a second coat. Use as many coats as you need to make the letters white. For the Tulip paint, you will need to give it at least 4 hours to dry and 72 hours before it can be washed.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий